Government Resources

Information to Meet Your Needs

The State of Illinois, Proviso Township and Cook County offer many resources to our residents. Please make sure to visit each section to get more information about Medicaid, transportation, taxes, birth/death certificates, Courts, and many more.

Illinois Social Resources

The Illinois Department of Human Services provides our state’s residents with streamlined access to integrated services, especially those who are striving to move from welfare to work and economic independence, and others who face multiple challenges to self-sufficiency.

IDHS is proud of its diversity, efficiency, and the services that the agency and its community partners provide to Illinois citizens.

TANF – Temporary Assistance to Needy Families

Medicaid – Medicaid Healthcare Coverage

SNAP – Supplement Nutrition Assistance Program

AABD – Aid to Aged Blind & Disabled

MSP – Medicaid Savings Program

LIHEAP – Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program

WIC – Women, Infant and Children

Proviso Township Resources

Proviso Township is a unit of local government created by the Illinois Constitution of 1849 to serve the fundamental needs of our citizens. Proviso Township is truly a government of the people and by the people – you and your next door neighbors. Look to this space for information about upcoming events and services. Their goal is to keep you informed about your local government and to provide you with a single source of contact for all your Township related questions.

Proviso Township | 708-449-4300

Proviso Township Assessor | 708-449-4304

Proviso Township Clerk’s Office | 708-449-4303

General Assistance | 708-449-4302

Senior Services | 708-449-4307

Transportation | 708-344-7430

Handyman | 708-547-4001

Medical Equipment Lending | 708-449-4307

Youth Services | 708-449-4309

Cook County Resources

Cook County was created on January 15, 1831 by an act of the Illinois State Legislature as the 54th county established in Illinois. Cook County contains 128 municipalities in its region, the most well known being the City of Chicago. The City of Chicago and the suburban municipalities account for approximately 85% of the County’s 946 square miles, while unincorporated areas make up the remaining 15%.

As mandated by State law, County government has principal responsibility for the protection of persons and property, the provision for public health services and the maintenance of County highways.

Cook County Community & Family Support

Cook County Department of Human Services Office Locator

Cook County Circuit Court Social Services

Cook County – County Care Medicaid Health Plan

Cook County Treasurer Senior Citizen Tax Deferral Program

Font Resize